Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) Education empowers individuals to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. Students develop human literacy as they master a complex set of essential skills and knowledge needed to achieve quality of life. They gain career preparedness as they acquire readiness to participate in a rapidly changing workforce and global economy.
Family and Consumer Sciences students prepare for family life, work life, and careers in eight core areas:
- Consumer Education and Resource Management
- Early Childhood Education and Services
- Family and Interpersonal Relationships
- Food Production and Services
- Foods, Nutrition and Wellness
- Housing, Interiors and Design
- Parenting Education and Human Development
- Textiles, Apparel and Fashion
FACS Education currently offers one middle school course and seventeen high school courses that comprise five career pathways within five national career clusters.