To be eligible for substitute teaching, you must:
1) Be 21 years old, hold a high school diploma or equivalent, have a clear criminal record and have current health immunizations
2) Complete either Effective Teacher Training at a community college or Substitute Teacher Certification online if you do not hold a current teaching license. Click on the link in the menu on the left to go to the WRESA webpage, then click on the "Substitute Teacher Certification" for the course information.
3) Visit a school or click below to get the application
4) Participate in an interview with the principal at any school in the district
5) Return the completed Substitute Application Packet to the Personnel Department at the Central Office. The application must have all the following to be accepted:
- Principal’s signature
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Effective Teacher Training (or Substitute 101) certificate/transcript
- Direct Deposit form and account info AND deposit slip, voided check or bank form
- Health Certificate (immunizations must be checked “yes” by doctor)
- Drug Test/Release of Info. form
6) Attend substitute orientation. Once a completed application has been submitted to the personnel office, the candidate will attend orientation. The fourth and final orientation for the 2022-23 school year will be held in March (date to be determined).