To be eligible for substitute teaching, you must:
1) Be 21 years old, hold a high school diploma or equivalent, have a clear criminal record and have current health immunizations
1) Complete either Effective Teacher Training at a community college or Substitute Teacher Certification online if you do not hold a current teacher license. Click on the link in the menu on the left to go to the WRESA webpage, then click on the "Substitute Teacher Certification" for the course information.
2) Visit a school or click below to get the application
3) Participate in a interview with the principal at any school in the district
4) Return the completed application to the Personnel Department at the Central Office. Application must have all the following to be accepted:
- Principal’s signature
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Effective Teacher Training certificate/transcript
- Direct Deposit form and account info/deposit slip/voided check
- Health Certificate (immunizations must be checked “yes” by doctor)
- Drug Test/Release of Info. form
5) Attend substitute orientation. Once a completed application has been submitted to the personnel office, the candidate will be invited to attend orientation. 2019-2020 sessions are scheduled for October 16, January 22 and April 8. Sessions are held in the board room at the central office (437 Rowan Rd), 9:00-11:30 AM. Completed applications (with ALL forms attached) are due by 12:00 noon on Friday, January 17 for the January 22nd session and Monday, April 6 for the April 8 session. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. April 8 session will not be held since schools are closed by executive order of the governor due to COVID-19.