Advanced Physical Education - Fall 2019
INSTRUCTOR: Mr. Johnson
Course Objective: Students will improve their overall level of fitness by focusing on a combination of strength training and aerobic activity.
- Term 3 = 40%
- Term 4 = 40%
- Final Exam = 20%
- Participation Grades = 50%
- Test Grades = 50%
Participation Grades (Up to 100 Points Per Week)
- Monday = 25 Points (20 for Participation and 5 for Dressing Out)
- Heavy Squat / Light Power Cleans / Lunges / Box Jumps
- Tuesday = 25 Points (20 for Participation and 5 for Dressing Out)
- Heavy Bench / Push Press / Skull Crushers / Curls / Abs
- Wednesday = 10 Points (5 for Participation and 5 for Dressing Out)
- Aerobic Activity
- Thursday = 25 Points (10 for Participation and 5 for Dressing Out)
- Heavy Power Cleans / Light Squats / SLDL / Box Jumps
- Friday = 15 Points (10 for Participation and 5 for Dressing Out)
- Light Bench / Incline / Abs / Gym Time
- Bench Test (Once Per Term)
- Squat Test (Once Per Term)
- Power Clean Test (Once Per Term)
- You will respect yourself and others at all times.
- You will obey all rules found in the student handbook.
- You will remain in your designated area at all times.
- You will have 7 minutes to get dressed out (shorts or sweat pants and a tee shirt) and get in the weight room.
- Training Shoes Only (No Boots, Flip Flops, Sandals, Dress Shoes, etc.)
- No Profanity
- No Electronics
- No Tobacco Products
Office Hours: 8:15 am – 9:15 am.
Phone: (910) 532-6300 Ext. 38809
HEALTH and PHYSICAL EDUCATION SYLLABUS - FALL 2019
Instructor: Mr. Johnson
Course Objective: Students will be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of health-related fitness. They will also understand the importance of making good choices, being active, demonstrating good sportsmanship, working as a team, and working hard to achieve their goals.
- Term 1 = 40%
- Term 2 = 40%
- Final Exam = 20%
- PE Grades = 50%
- Health Grades = 50%
You should always…
- respect yourself and others,
- be in the classroom / locker room when the tardy bell rings,
- be dressed out and in the gym in 10 minutes or less,
- wear athletic shoes, athletic shorts / pants, and a tee shirt during your PE time,
- be in your designated area,
- and obey all rules found in the student handbook.
- You will be required to dress out daily (athletic shoes, shorts, and a T- shirt).
- Daily 8:15 am – 9:15 am
- Phone: (910) 532-6300 EXT. 38809
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Kevin Johnson
As a teacher here at Union High School, I teach Health and PE and Advanced PE to 9th-12th grade students. I also serve as the athletic director, the head boys track and field coach, and an assistant football coach. I am available each day via email, or I can be reached at the extension listed below.
(910)532-6300 ext. 38809
I am a graduate of NC State University, and I earned my teacher certification at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. I am certified to teach Physical Education in grades k-12 and Social Studies in grades 9-12.
Fall 2019 Schedule
First Period: Planning
Second Period: Health and PE
Third Period: Health and PE
Fourth Period: Advanced PE