November 20, 2019
Pledge of Allegiance: "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
· Hobbton High School’s Mission Statement: Hobbton High School, in partnership with home and community, will prepare and graduate globally competitive students to become productive citizens in an ever-changing digital world.
Character Word of the Month (November) = Responsibility= Being dependable in carrying out obligations and duties.
1. The HHS Varsity Football team will travel to Tarboro on Friday. Good Luck!!!
2. The HHS Winter Track team will travel to Princeton today for a meet. Good Luck!
3. The Senior 20 picture on the football field will be taken on Thursday at the beginning of 2nd period. Seniors should wear a black shirt. We will also vote on superlatives on Thursday.
4. If any Juniors or Seniors plans to take a Spring Semester class at Sampson Community College and have not seen Mr. Gillespie yet, please plan to see him TODAY.
5. The CTE Honor Society and Beta Club induction ceremony scheduled for this Sunday, Nov. 24 is going to be postponed. We will share the new date once it is scheduled.
6. Attention Seniors: The following new scholarships are available: Martin Luther King, South River Electric, and Dixie Youth Baseball.
7. The next blood drive is Nov. 25th. Forms are in the office. Please turn in your forms to Mrs. Thornton to be put on the schedule. Any student wishing to be a blood drive coordinator, please see Ms. Thornton.
8. There will be a HOSA meeting today in Ms. Connie Thornton's room. It is a Friendsgiving. Please bring your favorite dish.
Community Service product of the month is lotion. Please bring to meeting.
9. Students participating in HOSA competition on Nov. 23rd please see Ms. Connie Thornton today.
10. A rep from NC State will visit on today at 12:30 in the Media Center. Please see Ms. Lunn to sign up.
11. Herff Jones will be here at HHS tomorrow to accept payments and also take orders that has not been placed yet.
12. On Tuesday November 26th we will have intramurals from 1:20-3pm on the football field. Admission is $1 and games are $1. Sign-up for games in the cafeteria. Pay for games on November 26th.
13. All students attending the field trip with the Drama Club to see “Meet me in St. Louis” please report to the auditorium at this time.