September 16, 2019
Pledge of Allegiance: "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all."
· Hobbton High School’s Mission Statement: Hobbton High School, in partnership with home and community, will prepare and graduate globally competitive students to become productive citizens in an ever-changing digital world.
Character Word of the Month (September) = Citizenship= Being informed, responsible & caring participants in your community.
1. Congratulations to the HHS Varsity Football team on another victory. Way to represent Wildcats.
2. Any student interested in joining Art Club should bring your $10 dues to Mrs. Jackson-Bass as soon as possible. Dues must be paid to run for an office or attend trips this year.
3. Any student with DC ticket $$ should turn them in to Mrs. Pearson as well. The $120 payment is due TODAY.
4. Any Junior interested in applying for the Junior Leadership Program or if you want more information- please see Mrs. Fussell. Applications are due back by Wednesday.
5. Any underclassmen interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT should see Ms. Goethie or Ms. Lunn to sign up by September 18th. Cost is $17.00. Juniors who have a qualifying score could be eligible for certain scholarship opportunities.
6. Any student who wishes to participate in the UNC Splash program on November 16, 2019 should see Ms. Lunn or Ms. Goethie to sign up. This is an opportunity for student to take classes on UNC's campus taught by UNC students. We only have 45 spaces available and they are first come first served.
7. Cost to join HOSA for the month of September is $10.00
After September the cost will increase to $20.00
8. Touch-A-Truck and Talk to the Driver about CAREERS! Any 11th or 12th graders interested in going to this event at Sampson Community College on Oct. 4 please see Mrs. Fussell. You can pick up a permission slip in the folder outside the College and Career Center. It's a great opportunity to meet the driver/ operators of over 20 different vehicles and talk about career opportunities.
9. Key Club, the oldest and largest student-led service program for high school students, invites you to join their club this school year. Join our program and help us give back to our community and beyond. The cost is $20. See Mrs. Strickland or Mrs. Warren to sign up.
10. Any student interested in being the male and female HHS Mascots please see Ms. Faison as soon as possible.
11. There will be a mandatory Beta meeting this Wednesday immediately after school in the media center for all current members. A remind regarding this meeting was sent out last week.