1- Howard Cooper Scholarship Trust - LHS only
- Available for Seniors or college students in the Lakewood School District.
- The applications are due in the Salemburg Baptist Church office by May 1. The office is open Monday and Tuesday through Friday from 8 am till 1 pm.
- Can also mail it to PO Box 537 Salemburg, NC 28385
Application in Mrs. Dove's Google Classroom or the scholarship board at LHS
1 - Johnston Community College
- Free Tuition provided to be a Keystone Leader
- Must provide tribal enrollment info
2 - Claude and Lula Williams Scholarship - LHS Only
- Must plan to become a teacher
- Application available from Mrs. Dove
4 - The Service Academy (SA) Scholarship UHS ONLY
- YOU DO NOT have to attend a particular college; any 2 or 4 year is fine.
- Three scholarships will be given valued at $1,250, $750, and $500.
- The application is VERY short, in Mrs. Dove's Google Classroom, and must be returned to me by May 4.
- Pursue a career in Natural Resource Conservation
- Information available in guidance
6 - ShaWarn Melvin Williams Scholarship - LHS only
- Application available in guidance or Mrs. Dove's Google Classroom
- Must have been in the band all 4 years of high school
- Return application, essay, and recommendation to Mrs. Dove
7 - UHS Athletic Booster Club - UHS only
- 2.63 weighted GPA or higher required
- $500 - 1 male and 1 female award
- Active team member in a varsity sport
- Participant in the same varsity sport for at least 2 years
- May attend a 2-year transfer program or a 4-year college
- Application available in Mrs. Dove's Google Classroom or in guidance
- Return to Mrs. Dove
10 - MHS Future Teacher Scholarship - MHS only
- Must plan to become a teacher
- Application Available in Mrs. Dove's Google Classroom
- The SHSAA is dedicated to assisting needy students to attain a secondary education and to become examples for those youngsters who follow them in life. The Association awards up to three scholarships annually totaling up to $14,000. This assistance is particularly for students from Clinton, NC in Sampson County and descendants of the members of the Association.
15 - Rho Omega Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha
- 1. HBCU Scholarship– Applicants attending a 4-year Historically Black College or University.
- 2. Dr. Erica Bell Scholarship – Applicants attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university. Applicants must be majoring in a medical field.
- 3. Ronald Darby Athletic Scholarship- Applicants attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university. Applicants must have played sports in high school and plan to play in college.
- SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- 1. a. HBCU Scholarship: GPA of 2.5 or higher b. Dr. Erica Bell Medical Scholarship: GPA of 2.5 or higher c. Ronald Darby Athletic Scholarship: GPA of 2.5 or higher
- 2. Demonstrates leadership in church, school, civic, or community service
- 3. Evidence of financial need
- 4. Minority member
- 5. Applicant must be entering college as a freshman the fall of 2020.
- Applications can be found in Mrs. Dove's Google Classroom
- Must major in criminal justice or related field
- 3.0 GPA or higher required
- Applications may also be picked up from guidance
24 - B. Davis Scholarship
AWARD VALUE: $1,000
- This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post-secondary institution.
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
- Please do not send transcripts or letters of recommendation at this time.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the topic below:
- Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
Your submissions must be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
100% forgiveable loan to attend any NC Community College to become a criminal justice professional
31 - PB&J Scholarship
- Apply online