- ACT and SAT scores are not required.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have achieved a 3.75 cumulative grade point average.
- Must enroll at an eligible four-year college or university the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours before August 2021.
- FAFSA SAR EFC must not exceed $6,500.
- Must apply for Federal and State grants if eligible.
- Must not have a felony conviction.
December Scholarships - Listed by Due Date
Click on the link to download the application or to access the website to apply
College Board Opportunity Scholarships - ongoing
- Participating in a Michael & Susan Dell Foundation approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12- UPWARD BOUND
- Graduating from an accredited high school this academic year
- Earning a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
- Demonstrated need for financial assistance
- Eligible to receive a federal Pell grant in first year of college
- Planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor's degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship designed to help high-achieving students from small towns and rural areas graduate college debt-free. Recipients must: a) graduate from a public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents, or b) graduate from a remote rural school located in a county having more than 50,000 residents. Five hundred more scholarships will be awarded in April 2021.
2020-2021 Eligibility Requirements
The scholarship provides up to $48,000 over four years to attend college. Recipients must enroll at an eligible four-year not-for-profit college or university the first semester following high school graduation.
2 - Simple Gifts
- Deadline to apply December 2
- Must rank in top 25% of class
- Must have a desire to attend an out of state liberal arts college
- Must have unmet financial aid need
- All HS Seniors with a 2.5 or higher GPA who will attend a 2 or 4 year college may apply
- Deadline Dec. 15
- Apply online
- Must be of Hispanic background
- 2.5 or higher GPA required
31- PB&J Scholarship
Applicants will be evaluated based on their essay and letters of recommendation; there is no GPA requirement. Please note: letters of recommendation must directly reference the student’s challenges. If the applicant does not wish to share their challenges with their recommender, then the recommendation must reference the student’s personal character.
More than 10 scholarships will be awarded in 2020, based on financing. Winners will be notified in August.
UNCG Guarantee COMING SOON
- The UNCG Guarantee is a selective scholarship program for high-achieving, low-
income students who plan to attend UNCG and are residents of North Carolina.