October Scholarships (Listed in order of DUE DATE)
Click on the link to access the website for online scholarships or visit guidance for those that require a paper application.
College Board Opportunity Scholarhsips - ongoing
- Must submit an essay
- Must complete application for admission to UNC Chapel Hill by October 15
- Must complete Thomas Wolfe application by November 15
- Must be a student writer with plans to attend UNC-CH
- Ages 18-24
- Create a profile
- Describe your goal
- Upload a video
- Must participate in a sport listed
- Due by 6 PM
- 28 ACT or 1280 SAT required
- 4.0 or higher weighted GPA
- Show exceptional qualities of character and leadership
- Be significantly involved in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to service
- See Mrs. Dove if you meet the criteria and would like to be nominated for additional instructions. Each school can nominate two students.
- As one of the nation's largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives.
- Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need with an adjusted gross income of $55,000 or less.
- May begin education at a two-year institution, must have a minimum GPA of 2.0, and be a US Citizen.
- Apply online
- North Carolina and select high school across the country are solicited for endorsements each year.
- Each school is able to endorse an unlimited number of students for our scholarships. We recommend students that are endorsed have or will be applying for NC State admission by the early action deadline, November 1, and have an interest in career fields such as engineering, business management, apparel or textile design, chemistry, polymers, forensics, medical fields, fashion merchandising and retail management.
- If you would like to be nominated, let Mrs. Dove know by Ocotober 26.
30 -Jack Kent Cooke
- Plan to graduate from a US high school in spring 2021
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2021
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- Test Policy – This year, the Cooke Foundation will not require applicants to submit test scores for the College Scholarship Program application, and we will be “test blind” in the review process.
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
31 - Coca-Cola Scholarship
- Deadline to apply is October 31
- Valued at $20,000
- Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools)
- US Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school