October Scholarships (Listed in order of DUE DATE)
Click on the link to access the website for online scholarships or visit guidance for those that require a paper application.
College Board Opportunity Scholarhsips - ongoing
- 28 ACT or 1280 SAT required test optional for Fall 2022 applicants
- 4.0 or higher weighted GPA
- Show exceptional qualities of character and leadership
- Be significantly involved in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to service
- Visit the guidance office if you meet the criteria and would like to be nominated for additional instructions. Each school can nominate two students.
- Must complete application for admission to UNC Chapel Hill by October 15
- Must complete Thomas Wolfe application by November 15
- Must be a student writer with plans to attend UNC-CH
- Must participate in a sport listed
- Due by 3 PM
23 - Golden Door Scholars
- Applicants must have DACA, TPS or be undocumented, meaning they do currently not have lawful status in the US
- Applicants must not be eligible for in-state tuition or federal funding\
30- AES Scholarship
- Must submit an essay
- Deadline to apply is October 31
- Valued at $20,000
- Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States (or select DoD schools)
- US Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees
- Anticipating completion of a high school diploma at the time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Carrying a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school
LOOKING AHEAD TO NOVEMBER
****Take note! Work on your admission application to ECU for this opportunity-
Apply to ECU with a 3.7 or higher GPA by Nov. 1 to receive an invitation to apply to their honors college. Each honors college student will receive a scholarship.
To be eligible for any incoming first-year scholarship (Centennial, Textile Pioneer, NCTF or Prestige), the candidate must:
- Apply for fall, first-year admission into a baccalaureate program at NC State by the Early Action deadline, November 1.
- Majority of the scholarships awarded are merit-based awards and a select amount of need-based scholarships are available. Applicants must complete the Free Application For Federal and Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1.
At every stage of the selection process, the Wilson College of Textiles Scholarship Advisory Board evaluates candidates on the following criteria: academic achievement throughout high school, proven and potential leadership qualities, active participation in extracurricular activities, unique experiences and a passion for the textile industry.