May 16, 2013
Pledge of Allegiance: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Character Word of the Month: (MAY) = Fairness – To demonstrate impartial, unbiased, and equitable treatment for all.
- After-school tutorials begin next week. There will be two sessions each afternoon and a $25 gift card given away each day. A $250 gift card will be given at the end of tutorials. Transportation and snacks will also be provided.
- Any senior who plans on majoring in History or Political Science should see Miss Goethie today.
- Tomorrow is “free paws” so if you plan to leave at 2:30 you must bring your note to the office before 9am – no emails, faxes, or phone calls will be accepted.
- Teachers and staff are reminded that lunch will be provided by our PTO officers today in the media center.
- We will have a PTO meeting and Progress Report pick up tonight at 7:00 – please encourage your parents to attend.
- All athletes are reminded of the Athletic Banquet on May 22nd – the deadline has passed to get a meal ticket, but anyone may come to the program at 7:00. Remember, you must have your meal ticket with you in order to eat.
- Softball players are reminded to turn your uniforms in to Coach Farroll as soon as possible.
- Senior FFA members who are interested in the FFA scholarship should see Mr. Tim Warren by tomorrow.
- Mrs. Herring has a few of the group “13” pictures left if you would like to purchase one – the 8x10 is $2.00 and the 5x7 is $1.00.
- Students should see your homeroom teacher to get your new incentive card if you have not done so.
- Seniors are asked to turn in the Scholarship and Grant information letter today to Mrs. Dove. Even if you have not received any awards or letters, we ask that you still sign the form and turn it in.
- Any junior interested in going to see “The Great Gatsby” this Saturday should see Coach Cone for a permission slip.
- Mrs. Rose has extra graduation announcements for sale for $1.00 each. There is a limited number so please get them soon before they are gone.
- Seniors should also inform family and friends that are unable to attend graduation that it will be streamed live this year via the Sampson County Schools website.
- Senior awards night will be May 21st at 6:30. Underclassmen awards will be on May 28th at 7:00.
- The FFA Banquet will be on May 23rd.
- Seniors will be allowed to park on the grass this Friday and will be given breakfast for your senior Friday activity.
- Teachers who ordered a BBQ plate for the “Love for Layla” benefit this Friday should turn in $7 to Ms. Sandlin as soon as possible.
- Happy Birthday to Hannah Byrd, Aaron Lee, and Edna Medrano.